Sunday, October 5, 2008

Off to South Carolina


I set my alarm for 5:15 on Friday planning for us all to be on the road by 6am. Somehow the alarm got turned off and I never got up until 6:30. By the time we all (my husband, my granddaughter, Jessie the dog and me) got on the road it was 7:30 and in the middle of rush hour traffic. Around Atlanta that is definitely not fun. But we were all in high spirits looking forward to our visit and treasure hunting. Jessie, our adopted dog, sure enjoyed himself - all dressed up in his red, white and blue bandanna !

We arrived in Anderson at just about 10:00 am and my brother met us at the first sale to save time- high prices - but I did pick up a few things. After that we hit all the thrift stores and found a few more things - I don't think there's any home runs in the bunch but you never know. We finally arrived at my brother's house around 5 pm. very tired. He has two roosters and two hens that someone dropped off in his yard. They are fun to watch.
This morning we went to several yard sales and picked up a few more things. By noon it was getting warm and we were all hot and tired so we called it a day and headed back to my brother's house. After visiting for a while longer we headed home. Got the van unpacked but was too tired to unpack all our goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment